Yes, I've been sending out mass emails so much I've been neglecting this place. Or so Clement tells me >.< Anyway, here's a little something I wrote on the flight here explaining why I didn't get any sleep and was totally drained the whole of Sunday.
2nd February 2008, 2:05am (Sg time)
God, you know how hard it is to try to catch even the slightest bit of rest when you realize you've been seated in front of the Horrid Child Who Keeps Kicking My Sear & next to the Guy Who Won't Stop Reading. All I can think about are my eye-bags not-so-magically appearing when I appear "fresh" in Melbourne. Oh god, now because I've complained for the 4th time to the afore-mentioned child's mother, she gone ahead and took away Unity's headset. Yep, that's the name of the little devil-incarnate keeping me from my (and everyone else in this cabin) precious sleep. Now it's morphed into the Only Thing In This Bloody Cabin Kicking AND Screaming. Even Nerd Beside Me has his weird funky music blasted at top volume.
Oh finally. Peace. After almost half an hour of yelling. The guy (let's just name him... Henry for now to make things simpler), Henry, has gone off to the washroom. I'm at the window seat and he's got the aisle with an empty one in the middle. I struggle to comprehend how, with so much space, it is possible for Henry to put on his shoes with the soles 1 and a half feet from my FACE.
Great now they've turned the lights back on and any remaining urge to catch some shut-eye has completely disappeared. I'm thinking about throwing that thing out the window 10,000m up in the air. Aside from this, the present that Mira, Kris, Gnia, Grace, Cheryl and the guys put together for me is absolutely WONDERFUL. I will wear those clips of Valentine's and take pictures too! I love you all SO MUCH.
Thanks to Pet, Sam, Josh and Adriel for taking the trouble to come see me off too! I'm definitely gonna miss you. Haha, The One with the Orange. Classic.
And although I know, Genecia, you won't read this, thanks for taking the time to come see me too. And for the teddy!
Alright, so far I've written 2 whole pages out the back of my "daily planner" (which is probably gonna turn into my "I miss Mira" and complaints book) and it is now 2:25am. I've got another slightly less than 2 hours to sit through. Wish me luck!
Still kicking.
6:29 PM